Thursday 11 October 2012

Diaries Versus Blogging

It's not my intention to sound like an old fogie, sitting on the porch in my rocking chair and waving my cane around ("things were certainly different in my day"), but an expanse of years gives one the opportunity to sit back and observe the changes in a lifetime.

I'm sure people still keep diaries. They're still selling the fat little books with cheap side locks that young girls covet, although I wonder how many people get into the habit of writing regularly? But with Facebook, blogging, twittering, and other social medias that I don't even want to keep up with but no doubt are out there, diary-writing is right out in our collective faces.

Where does one draw the line? Stuff that might have made grandma blush just to write in her diary seems pretty tame compared to the soul-baring (or is that "soul-blaring?) that people are willing to do in public these days. I'm writing this blog to entertain my readers, but it's a tightrope walk deciding what to share. Let's all agree to embellish a little, shall we? Then we can always say, "You don't really believe that happened, do you?"

Cheers,
CM Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment