Thursday 5 June 2014

Going to the Bloody Words Conference Tomorrow


I`m going to the Bloody Words Conference this weekend at Toronto`s Hyatt Regency Hotel. The first item on the agenda on Friday afternoon will be the annual general meeting of the Crime Writers of Canada; not really part of the conference, but taking place beforehand at the hotel. Since I`ve only been a member of CWC for a couple of years, and I was in Calgary during last year`s meeting, this is my first opportunity to meet many of my fellow members.

Other items of note on Friday are sitting on the authors` panel that`s discussing Indie Publishing: We`re Here to Stay, and taking part in a fashion show of book covers. My cover will be the one for Town Haunts. Not sure how we`re going to do that, but I have to wear my cover down a catwalk. Here it is:



Saturday night is the banquet, during which they`ll announce the winner of The Bony Blithe Light Mystery Award. (That`s Bony at the top of this post; he looks like such a happy skeleton). My Framed for Murder is one of the 5 finalists, and we authors will be reading the first 250 words of our novels aloud. I`m not expecting to win - I`m the only self-published author - but it would certainly be exciting, especially since this is the last year for the conference and the award. It`s a costumed affair, and my husband and I are going in-tandem, lucky guy.



The conference ends early Sunday afternoon with 3 different presentations. The schedule is jammed with panels and presentations all 3 days, as a matter of fact, and it`s going to be tough choosing which ones to attend. Fortunately, we`re booked into the hotel Friday and Saturday nights, so we won`t have far to go to collapse.

Sure looking forward to it!

If you would like to be contacted when new books are due for release, please leave your name and e-mail address with the "Contact Cathy" app to the right of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment