Wednesday 22 January 2014

An Exciting Opportunity to Self-Publish


Yesterday, e-book publisher, Books We Love, relinquished control of my three novels, allowing me to self-publish them as e-books. The reasons behind this parting of the ways was threefold:  we had a difference of opinion as to retailer venues and pricing; I wanted control of the marketing of my books; I had a different vision for my covers. Control is at issue here, and now that authors have the opportunity to by-step the traditional publishing paradigm and retain the rights to their stories while making all of the publishing decisions, it was time for me to take this final step toward total independence.

I'm very excited about this opportunity to try some of the marketing strategies I've learned from other authors during 2013. I think that 2014 will be a pivotal year, both for my writing and for my new publishing company, Comely Press. I wish Books We Love and their authors a successful future, and thank them for allowing me to be part of their company in 2013.

A final note:  Framed for Murder and The Affairs of Harriet Walters, Spinster will shortly be available as e-books through Amazon Kindle, Smashwords, and all the e-retailers that Smashwords distributes to:  "Apple (distribution to iBookstores in 51 countries), Barnes & Noble (US and UK)Sony,KoboFlipkart (New September 29, 2013: India's largest online bookseller), Diesel eBook Store,  eBooks Eros (operated by Diesel),Baker & Taylor (Blio and the Axis360 library service), Page Foundry (operates retail sites Inktera.com and Versent.com; and operates Android ebook store apps for Cricket Wireless and Asus), and other distribution outlets coming soon. Additionally, Kobo powers the ebook stores of multiple ebook retailers around the world.  Simply by distributing to Kobo via Smashwords, your books will also reach WH Smith in the UK, FNAC in France and PortugulLivraria Cultura in Brazil, Angus & Robertson in Australia, Bookworld in Australia,Indigo in Canada, Collins in Australia, Feltrinelli in Italy, Libris in the Netherlands, Paper Plus in New Zealand, Play in Great Britain,Rakuten in Japan, Buy.com (now Rakuten) in the US, Whitcoulls in New Zealand, and more on the way."

Framed and Harriet Walters are available as paperbacks (see the "Bookstore" tab on this site for links). The Marriage Market, my other regency romance, will be available for purchase later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment