Saturday 6 February 2016

What's Next??

I have two projects in mind for new novels.

One is the fourth novel in the Anna Nolan mystery series. Anna and her long-distance lover, Sergeant Charles Tremaine, go on vacation to the beach town she grew up in on Lake Huron. Anna wants to introduce him to her estranged father, and Charlie thinks it's time Anna mended some fences with her dad. The problem is, someone holds an old grudge against Anna's father which has been festering for years and finally erupts, with murderous implications.

Anna's home town will have a fictional name, but I'm going to model it after the beach town of Port Elgin on Lake Huron. My family vacationed there almost every summer when I was growing up, renting a cottage for a week at a time, and I have fond memories of the place with its tree-lined streets leading down to the beach. Now that my husband and I have moved back to Ontario, we've managed to visit there at least once a year. Here are some pictures of the beach and dock area. Did you know that Port Elgin has the world's best sunsets?






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My second project is a new historical mystery series. I love Kerry Greenwood's Phryne Fisher novels, which are set in 1929 in Australia, and I love the art deco period too, so I'm inspired to write my own historical mystery series set in Waterloo, Ontario in 1920. My female amateur sleuth will be wealthy and stylish, of course. I won't give away too many details at present, plus I've got a lot of research to do, but I promise it will be fun!

Here's a post card of three art deco-styled Winter beauties, just to get you in the mood.



If you'd like to be notified when new novels are released, just leave your name and e-mail address with the Contact Cathy app to the right of this post, and I'll include you on my mailing list. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment