Wednesday 28 October 2015

Countdown to Halloween: Nine Things I Love About Halloween

#6
I love a spooky ghost story. Not too gruesome, and nothing that's going to keep me awake at night listening to the house creak. Just the kind of story I could imagine telling to my husband or my daughters while sitting around the fire one night. One of my favourite ghost stories is Devil May Care by Elizabeth Peters.



I wrote my own ghost story. Town Haunts, the second novel in the Anna Nolan mystery series, not only has a ghost, but a witch too. As a matter of fact, the tagline on the cover, which you'll see pictured at the top of this post, is It takes a witch to catch a ghost. For more information, click on the tab that says "The Anna Nolan Mysteries."

Who has the best voice for telling a ghost story? I vote for Vincent Price. Here's a little treat, a short audio track of Mr. Price's voice-over for Michael Jackson's classic video, "Thriller." Listen right through to the ending where Mr. Price finishes the session with an "All right!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSip-frDcGM
Then watch the "Thriller" video, a Halloween classic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

If you would like to receive an e-mail when a new Cathy Spencer novel is released, just leave your name and e-mail address with the "Contact Cathy" app to the right of this post.

<spooky Halloween ghost story> <Michael Jackson> <Vincent Price> <Thriller> <Elizabeth Peters>

No comments:

Post a Comment